This year's event has 3 locations to swim!
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Last year’s local event
Our event hosted 171 total swimmers and raised $2,600. We had two locations for swimmers to participate - our main location at the Cabarrus YMCA and also at the Kannapolis YMCA.
- We are very proud of our opening ceremony which featured a local high school freshman Alana Cooper singing the National Anthem while parent / child pairs swam on their backs holding American flags to honor America. It is truly a special experience!
- Polio survivor and Rotarian Ed Tyson welcomed our swimmers and shared about his experience to emphasize why we were all there.
- Our oldest swimmer was 90 years old and our youngest swimmer was 3!
- This year we were joined by several neighboring clubs (Afton Sunset and Kannapolis) who are excited to be more involved with bigger events next year.
- Our favorite swimmers are the families! We love seeing them enjoy this experience together. We also had some great relays that allowed participants to enjoy the day beyond their 5 lengths for Polio.
View photos from the event
Countries from all over the United States and the world will be holding their own swim events the same day including South Africa, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, India, Pakistan, Egypt, New Zealand, Mexico, Spain, Germany, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Canada.