Our Rotary Club does a lot of service in the community. We believe in hands-on activities that make an impact and provide opportunties for families and Rotarians to serve together.
Cabarrus Meals on Wheels
Our club delivers a regular Friday afternoon route for Cabarrus Meals on Wheels. Helping deliver a meal to a senior so they can continue to live at home is a vital service and is also a great opportunity for our Rotarians to serve the communinty together. Contact Rotarian Dick McMillan if you are interested in participating.
Salvation Army Bell Ringing
Our club provides volunteers to ring the Salvation Army bell outside of the Kannapolis Sam's Club to help raise funds during November and December.
Other service projects we have been involved with over the years.
- Stonewall Jackson School – Adopted group of children for activities, meals, etc.
- Worked on multiple Habitat for Humanity houses
- Delivering meals-on-wheels
- Ringing the bell for the Salvation Army
- AAU basketball tournament and seafood festival to raise funds for charitable causes
- Junior Rotarian program to involve Rotarian’s children and grandchildren in service projects
- Donating books to children
- Reading to children in school
- Staffed the Hospice angel tree
- Lunch Buddy mentoring program for at-risk kids
- Raised $30,000 for a matching funds RI grant, totaling $60,000 to purchase a sonogram for the Neo-Natal Unit in Alexandria, Romania. Also, collected books for the children in Romania.
- Centennial Celebration – placed Rotary information boards in area high schools
- Feed the hungry – packaging meals
- Installed a butterfly garden at Frank Liske Park
- Cleaning up at parks
- Cleaning portions of the Carolina Thread trail
- Walking to raise money for Alzheimer research
- Swimming to raise money for Polio eradication in foreign countries
- Disc golf course at Frank Liske Park
- Dog walk at Veterans Park
- Installed Harmony in the Park at Frank Liske Park
- Sending Care Packages to our military soldiers
- Collected food for Cabarrus Cooperative Christian Ministry
- Supported the Arts Council by serving at their annual fundraiser
- Full Circle Club Project: Each member volunteered to get or make 20 valentines that will go to the Veterans in the VA hospital in Salisbury. Between the folks in the group and a couple other people they will have about 100 valentines for these Veterans.